You already have your desired place to live and now you need the final touch: air conditioning. How can you make the right choice? In this article we help you find answers to all your questions.
Buying an air conditioning system is an important decision and you have to consider many details. Therefore, through this article we want to help you make the best decision to make a correct purchase of a product that will be part of your home. When you have the right system you can enjoy a more pleasant home, lower electricity bills and the peace of mind that you made the right decision.
Steps Needed To Choose The Most Convenient Air Conditioning System
1) Know what level of comfort you want to achieve.
2) To know the current climatic conditions, since it is real that year by year the climate is modified in a perceptible way, a natural factor that forces to take the necessary measures to adapt us.
3) In order to know the type of installation (window, minis lit or multiply), it is necessary to identify exactly the size of the space to be conditioned and the type of voltage with which it is counted.
4) To determine the necessary capacity, it is necessary to determine accurately several factors: location of the house, number and size of windows, and whether it has thermal insulation or not.
“Today we spend most of our time indoors, which leads us to breathe in a more polluted atmosphere than we could imagine. Sometimes, this air is dirtier than it is aspirated on the outside, even in the big cities. This circumstance can cause that the productivity of a company is diminished by the discomfort of the employees in their workspace, either by the heat or the bad smells; Similarly, if the air being breathed is not renewed it can lead to disease, “Pablo Cho, director of LG Electronics’ Air Conditioning Division, said in an interview.
The manager added that the difference between ventilation and conditioning is that ventilation is a renewal of the air (changing the addicted oxygen from new air, usually from the outside), and conditioning is the management of air to change its temperature, Moisture and cleaning of contaminants to provide comfort.
“In almost all workplaces ventilation is not used for comfort, it is simply used as air conditioning. The oxygen flow of these devices comes from exhaust fans, which inject cold air and cause a conditioned climate, “said Cho, of LG Electronics.
Which One I Choose?
The types of air conditioning that are currently divided into: window, split and portable.
Window: They are recognized by their size, noise and sometimes by the water they blow out of the places they cool. Although the technology managed to improve this type of machines, its placement requires a masonry work, because the architecture has to be modified to place it. In the matter of aesthetics the window are generally large square devices whose roughness is far from competing with the anatomical and subtle designs of modern versions.
Split: They are the technologically younger, do not require any architectural modification to install them in your house. They are two units connected by a pipe, very comfortable to install and absolutely silent. Laptops are usually purchased by companies, and are the most expensive and impractical for the home.
What Equipment Capacity Do I Need?
Normally it is assumed that for every 12 thousand BTU (1 ton) can be conditioned between 16 and 20 m2. However, this can vary, depending on how hot the area in which the house is located.
As for specifications, it is very common for people to think that a 220 V equipment consumes less energy than one 110. However, the light company charges us the use of kW per hour. So, what we should observe in the equipment we buy is how many W consumes. So we will also know, and perhaps with surprise, that practically the equipment consumes the same amount of W, regardless of the voltage.
In order to properly cool and dehumidify your home it is important that the air conditioner is the correct size.
A very large system will not remove moisture from the air and a very small system will not keep the house cold on warmer days.
However, to choose the size of the air conditioning not only has to consider the size of the house, in addition you have to take into account other factors, such as:
- Windows (allowing external heat input)
- Level of insulation of the roof
- How many people live in the house and what is their lifestyle
The capacity of the air conditioner should be adequate for the room. A large unit is not necessarily better. A smaller unit that is turned on for an extended period of time works more efficiently and dehumidifies the air better than a large unit that turns on and off per cycle too often.
Make sure your home’s electrical system can meet the requirements of the chosen air conditioner. Some models operate at 120 V, but others require a different voltage. Verify that the new drive has the proper power source. Remember that air conditioners with automatic clocks and programmable thermostats help reduce electrical energy consumption. If you need any air conditioning services then go for hvacfrederickpro.com. They are providing dedicated, professional and expert services to thousands of households in Maryland. From emergency air conditioning repair to emergency heater repair, they have your repair needs. Need a new HVAC system? AC and heating installation and replacement, Frederick Air Conditioning and Heating is even available for emergency services!
Recommendations For Saving Energy
- An average air-conditioned dwelling consumes more than 2,000 kW each year to be cooled. High-efficiency air conditioners can reduce power consumption by 20-50 percent, and remember that the best units on the market are up to 70 percent more efficient than older air conditioners.
- To get maximum efficiency from your air conditioner turn it off when there is nobody in the house. If you want the interior of the apartment to be fresh on your return, purchase an automatic watch that can turn on the conditioner half an hour before your return.
- Keep the air conditioner filter clean.
- If you are only using the room where the system is located, close the doors and keep the interior temperature at least 24ºC (it is a comfortable and efficient temperature, since a lower temperature consumes more energy and costs more). For example, experts point out that at 23 ° C it costs 18% more and at 20 ° C it costs 39% more.
- Once the room has cooled down, turn off the air conditioner and use fans to keep you comfortable. When the room warms up again air-refreeze it again and then re-uses the fans one more time. If you apply this method you can reduce the turn on time of the conditioner between 20 and 40 percent.