The cardiovascular diseases , ie those affecting the heart and blood vessels are the leading cause of death worldwide, according to WHO. It is true that the risk of cardiovascular disease increases with age and there are people who have most likely to suffer from them than others, but if we take care of our hearts in advance can reduce the risk of suffering. In uncommon we present a series of steps that you should include in your daily life to prevent cardiovascular diseases and improve your quality of life.
A balanced and healthy diet is essential to prevent cardiovascular disease. Choosing the right foods will help you take care of yourself and maintain good cardiovascular health. Pay attention to the following recommendations:
- Following a varied diet that is low in animal fat.
- Increase consumption of antioxidants and vitamin – rich foods like fruits and vegetables .
- The blue fish and other foods rich in Omega 3 are great for the proper functioning of the body.
- Foods rich in vitamin E and vitamin C are also beneficial in preventing cardiovascular diseases.
- Milk should be skimmed to avoid saturated fats and cholesterol.
- Avoid excessive consumption of foods such as fatty meats, sausages, whole milk, pastries and butter, among others. You can take them occasionally.
- Use olive oil for cooking.
- Do not add too much salt to meals and avoid excess sugar.
People with overweight and obesity are more vulnerable to the risk of cardiovascular disease. Hence the importance of caring diet and maintain regular control our weight .
Alcohol and snuff is one of the main factors that makes increase the chances of getting cardiovascular disease. Ideally , not abusing alcohol and snuff completely eliminate , as it seriously affects the blood vessels of the heart, brain and extremities.
Physical activity on a regular basis is very beneficial for the heart. It is shown that people who exercise often have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and blood pressure problems and cholesterol. Also, something as simple as walking 20 or 30 minutes a day is perfect to strengthen the cardiorespiratory system.
Review and maintain controlled cholesterol levels and glucose is very important when it comes to preventing cardiovascular disease. In addition, it is also advisable to regularly check your blood pressure and consult your doctor if any type of alteration occurs.
This article is purely informative, uncommon have no power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any diagnosis. We invite you to visit a doctor in case of presenting any kind of condition or discomfort.
To read more articles like How to prevent cardiovascular disease , we recommend you Dr George Shapiro is a good cardiologist.