For a woodcutter it is his right to own the best axe for himself, because an axe hasn’t lost its importance over time. Though the use remains constant, the quality and performance has improved over time. Now axe is primarily used to split longs and use it for fire. The muscle power you use while splitting logs depend a lot on the quality of the axe. If the axe does not have good quality your power might not create an impact it was expected to create. If you own a good axe, half of your work is simplified. You may do the same work with ease and less power.
Some best splitting axe in market are:
FISKARS X27 SUPER SPLITTING AXE
- The long hand and balanced weight all over the body makes it easy to use and requires less force.
- Swing speed increases exponentially due to balance weight distribution all over its body.
- The handle has been designed with optimum sophistication such that it is hard to complaint anything about it.
- The axe has a sheath that prevents injury.
TRUPER 30958 8-POUND SPLITTING MAUL, 36-INCH FIBER GLASS HANDLE
- Due to its low price and convenient use it is a must have if you need logs to warm up in a cold day.
- The 36 inch handle is crafted with double injected fiberglass and optimum perfection. It has a rubber grip at the end.
- It helps to absorb shock in case overstrike happens in strong logs.
- The striking part of the axe is very interesting. It has been designed to deliver maximum power while striking.
- The company further claims that the blade is strong enough to bear good amount of stress.
HUSQVARNA 2 LBS.20″ SMALL SPLITTING AXE
- The handle has medium length and weight distribution along the blade makes it powerful. People having a hard time balancing the weight of the axe are advised to buy this light weight axe.
- The weight, blade and the handle is designed to give you the best each time you strike the log.
- The blade is made out of mixed cast iron to make it suitable for heavy hitting and rough wood.
- The swing speed is good because of the perfect weight distribution.
HELKO VARIO 2000 HEAVY LOG SPLITTING MAUL
- The axe is manufactured by the most reputed country in manufacturing. It comes from Germany.
- The blade is rust free and is capable of tolerating great amount of pressure and force.
- The handle is beautifully designed in Switzerland. It has a black dip at the end for better grip.
- Drop forged, heat treated and oil hardened product.
HELKO BLACK FOREST WOOD WORKER AXE
- It is manufactured in Germany, the country known for quality goods
- The blade is rust free and can sustain great amount of pressure and force
- The axe has a steel over strike protector to give you security
- A special leather case is given for outside moisture and damage.
The items listed here are considered best as per customer reviews. However, there can better axes worth buying. So it is good to make a proper research before making the final purchase.